- 4U x 42 Disk SAS & SATA, up to 84TB per single box
- Dual IO Modules Ready
- Integrated Diagnostic LCD Display - Top access to hard disks
The HiperDisk-42 JBOD subsystem leverages multiple LSI SAS Expander chips to provide maximum drive capacity / density and maximum throughputs. The series features high-capacity/high-density with 42 hot-swappable SAS/SATA II hard disk drive bays in a 19-inch 4U rackmount unit, scaling to a maximum storage capacity in near the 100 terabyte range, and capable of providing up to 4000MB/sec.
- Cable-less IO module and backplane(bottom-plane)
- Menu-driven front panel display.
- Innovative Modular architecture.
- IBroad range of SAS RAID controllers support.
- Very High Capacity Density Solution yet the most cost-effective solution - best rack space and power economy and efficiency.
- Solid mechanical design and making eliminates harmonic vibration, which enhances the over all reliability and availability.
- Optional Dual IO Modules for redundant-path/path-failover, or share the box between two systems.
- Include Interposer/MUX adapters for SATA II disks to utilize Dual IO Modules for redundant-paths.
|Category||SAS JBOD||SAS JBOD|
|Form Factor||4U Rackmount||4U Rackmount|
|Number of IO Modules||Single IO Module||Dual / Redundant IO Modules|
|Host Interface (the In Port)||1 x 8088 mini-SAS Connector (4x mini SAS 3Gb/s)||2 x 8088 mini-SAS Connector, 1 on each module. (4x mini SAS 3Gb/s)|
|Expansion Interface (the Out Port)||1 x 8088 mini-SAS Connector (4x mini SAS 3Gb/s)||2 x 8088 mini-SAS Connector, 1 on each module. (4x mini SAS 3Gb/s)|
|Disk & Capacity|
|Disk Types||3Gb SAS or SATA II disks|
|Interposer/MUX||Hiperdisk42 comes with interposer/MUX adapters for SATA II disks to support Redundant IO Modules.|
|Number of Disk||42 Disks per enclosure|
|Capacity Expansion||Up to 84 Disks using expansion chassis|
|Enclosure / Chassis|
|Form Factor||4U Rackmount|
|# of Hot Swap Trays||42|
|Disk Status Indicator||
Access / Fail LED
|# of PS/Fan Modules||
1200W x 2 w/PFC
|# of Fans||
AC 90V ~ 254V Full Range 50Hz~60Hz
|Relative Humidity||10% ~ 85% Non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature||10°C ~ 40°C (50°F ~ 104°F)|
|Physical Dimension||810(L) x 482.6(W) x 176(H) mm|
|Weight (Without Disk)||
48.5 / 50 Kg
Typical Applications for Dual IO Modules:
With SAS disks installed, when used with LSI SAS MegaRAID such as 8880EM2 or 8888ELP, it supports redundant path-failover between two SAS connections from a single SAS RAID adapter. Such function does not require any special configuration; it is natively supported by the SAS RAID adapters and the Dual IO Modules.
With SAS disks installed or SATA disks installed with interposer/MUX adapters, the In-port of each IO Module can connect to a different SAS RAID adapter, so some of the 42 disks can be assigned to one SAS RAID adapter and the rest be assigned to the other SAS RAID Adapter. Be aware, this is “sharing the device”, but not “sharing the disks”. There is no disk that can belong to both SAS RAID adapters.
Each IO Module can be configured as 1 x In-port or 2 x In-port. When, the IO Module is configured as “2 x In-Ports”, the JBOD has total of 4 x In-Ports, and you can use up to 4 x SAS RAID Adapters in a single Host Computer, with each SAS RAID controller owes about 10 or 11 disks, and delivers about 1000MB/sec transfer rate per controller. Then, use the OS to stripe across all volumes from 4 SAS RAID controllers to achieve the extreme performance by bandwidth aggregation.
Copyright © 2011 HPC Systems1 2 3